Is My Personal Information Safe?
Yes, any personal information that you submit on our website is secure. To ensure that your privacy is safe and respected we protect your shopping experience by:
1. Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt any information you may send us
2. Encrypting any important information in our databases such as your password
3. Using Credit Card Address Verification to help prevent fraud by making sure that your billing address on our website matches your credit card statement
4. Storing your credit card numbers only when needed and then only keeping the last 4 digits for our reference
5. Allowing you to opt-out of any online efforts
How Does A Secure Site Work?
When you place an order or access any personal account information on our website, you automatically enter a secure site and a padlock icon appears in the status bar of your browser (normally at the bottom). This indicates that all of the information passed between your computer and our computers is being encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. Our server will tell your computer how to encode all information passed between the two using encryption that can only be decoded on our server. Your computer will do this before sending any information to our server. When it reaches our server, it will be decoded and logged to our database for processing. Without the decoding key on our server, it is nearly impossible to decipher the encrypted data.
Why Am I Asked to Create an Account?
In order to offer you an individualized shopping experience at DoorEmporium.com we ask that you to create an account with our website. By having an account on our website you can access advanced website features that you would not normally be able to use. Areas, such as our shopping checkout section, request that you log into your account. You will be asked to supply us with information such as:
1. Your email address
2. User-specific information on what products you may visit
3. Information that you may volunteer, such as shipping and billing addresses and/or survey information
We then study this information to determine how we can create the best shopping experience available for you. By looking at usage patterns, we know which areas need expansion and which areas are not meeting your needs. We also collect information so that we can help you personalize the site, receive notice about special updates, and have access to unique marketing messages.
Any information that is collected from you is never given to a third-party and is kept confidential. Email offers and newsletters are opt-in only and you may change your settings at any time by accessing Your Account.
Is My Credit Card Number Saved?
No, we do not save your credit card number permanently on our website. It is stored temporarily when it is entered during the checkout process and after your transaction is completed only the last 4 digits will remain for our reference.
What's This About Cookies?
Still Have A Question?
If you have any questions regarding the security of our website or are cautious about ordering online please call us at 1-888-730-0052 or contact us.